GCKA Hotline Number: 9193228420
Quick Reference Info
● Call 911 immediately
● Call your Primary Care Provider
● North Carolina COVID-19 Hotline: 866-462-3821 (open 24 hours, 7 days a week) ● For non-emergency COVID-19 questions: Call 211 or text COVIDNC to 898211
UNC Health Hospitals
● UNC Health COVID-19 Helpline: 1-888-850-2684.
● www.UNCUrgentCare247.com UNC Health offers virtual urgent care through its UNC Urgent Care 24/7 virtual consultation service for non-emergency medical issues.
● Please do not go to Respiratory Diagnostic Clinic without an appointment ● UNC COVID-19 Test Pricing:
The out-of-pocket cost for testing varies:
● If you have health insurance you will likely pay nothing, as most insurance companies are fully covering the cost of testing
● If you don’t have insurance or choose to self-pay, UNC Health will discount the costs by 40%
● UNC Health testing costs, before insurance or discounts, is $100
● Doctor visits and other services outside of the test, including urgent care and emergency room visits, are billed separately the same as any other medical services
at UNC Health
● WakeMed COVID-19 Triage Hotline at 919-350-5200
● If you would like to speak to a provider about your symptoms without potentially exposing others to illness, visit https://www.wakemed.org/virtual-urgent-car e ● WakeMed Hospital Virtual Urgent Care Pricing:
○ The fee for Virtual Urgent Care through the end of May has been reduced to
$15. Use promo code CARENOW on the payment page to pay the $15 fee.
Duke Health Hospitals:
● Duke Health COVID-19 Hotline: 919-385-0429, option 2 (8:00 am to 8:00 pm, 7 days a week)
● GCKA Hotline:
● Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID - 19 Diaries
GCKA BOD is happy to announce a Series of informational sessions called “COVID-19 Diaries” that would be published through our social media platform for the benefit of our community. We have released the first chapter in the COVID-19 Diaries series aimed at addressing some of questions from our community members related to COVID-19 preparedness, precautions and symptoms.Donations
Please access the Video through GCKA Youtube channel
We are actively seeking more donations from GCKA community members in any amount to the GCKA Emergency fund that will be used for the purpose of procuring the raw materials and other related expenses for this initiative. Please make your donations using paypal at www.paypal.me/gcka
We are also accepting unused 100% cotton fabrics from our member community as raw material. Please write to us at email@example.com and the same will be picked up by our volunteers
Volunteers for Mask Making
Please register here if you would like to volunteer in any of the categories.
GCKA Mask Request Form
If you would like to place a request for masks, please do so in the form below. Refer to the guideline below and be mindful of the needy while placing the request.
If there are suggestions on bulk mask orders for any healthcare centers or voluntary organizations who are in the frontline helping the community, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
GCKA BOD will follow below guidelines for prioritization of the requests for the masks.
1. Healthcare professionals from GCKA members / Malayalee community in our area
2. Healthcare professionals or related organizations outside of the community
3. Requests from community members
4. Requests from Town officials in our area
5. Others - Individuals or organizations
Virtual Food Drive
You can donate here - http://secure.foodbankcenc.org/goto/gcka
We are excited to announce that GCKA is partnering with the NC Food Bank to address food insecurity in our community.The Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina works to nourish people, build solutions and empower communities. Throughout their 34-county service area, the Food Bank works with over 800 partner agencies to serve nearly 600,000 individuals, families, children and seniors facing food insecurity.