Posted on Fri, 29 Dec 2017 16:42:12 -0500
1. Only traditional Kerala Style Plum Cakes with fruits & nuts.
2. One entry allowed per family.
3. The finished cake should be presented for display by 11:00 AM (Judging will start around 11:15 AM).
4. The cake must be a 9 inch square or round cake.
5. The cake has to be presented whole to be judged.
6. The cake must be prepared from “scratch”. Do not use ready-to-bake cake mixes.
7. Please be ready to answer any questions the judges might have about your recipe.
8. Have 2 printed copies of the recipe at the display desk.
9. The contest is open only to current GCKA members.
Judging Criteria: Total 100 points
- Flavor (aroma, taste, good balance of flavors) - 30 points
- Consistency (moist and tender crumb; not soggy or dry) - 25 points
- Texture (even grain, lump free, evenly baked) - 20 points
- Visual Appeal (shape/size/even surface, overall appeal, no icing or decorations) - 15 points
- Presentation (how the cake is presented) - 10 points
Prizes - Sponsored by Jubi J. Chackunkal (C4D Mortgage)
First prize - $100
Second prize - $50
Third prize - $25
Winning recipes of the contest will be posted on the GCKA website and also will be featured in next year's souvenir.
To register, please send email with your GCKA Membership ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.